Selection of proposals for student projects ("Projekt" for Bachelor, "Praktikum" and "Team-Projekt" for Master) and thesis topics (Bachelor and Master). Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in a project or thesis at the Chair of Software Engineering. If you have your own idea for a project or a thesis topic: Let's talk about it!
- [Varies] Automata Theory and Program Analysis Topics Related to the Ultimate Tool
- Several topics that are listed at a different website. These topics range from purely theoretical projects to software development projects.
- [M.Sc. Teamproject] Case Study: Verified USB Driver
- Development of USB drivers for seamless connection of particular embedded devices to Windows PCs. On the PC side, the driver shall pass the WHQL quality criteria.
- [Varies] Predicates and Prejudice - Proving Correctness of Programs
- If a program is correct, how can we prove it? How can teach a machine to do the proof? In this project we will examine small programs, prove their correctness manually and develop methods to prove the correctness...
- [Varies] Component-Watchdog on SPI
- Develop and implement a procedure to detect failures of components on an SPI bus
- [Varies] Driver Verification Concept for Embedded Platforms
- Development of concepts and adaption of verification tools to provide formal verification of device drivers for a particular embedded platform.
- [Varies] A Domain Specific Language for Embedded System User Interfaces
- Improving the development of user interfaces by domain specific modelling languages with simulation and code generation.
- [Varies] Probabilistic Aspects in Visual Formalisms
- Elaborate semantics, and model-checking approach for probabilistic aspects in a dialect of sequence diagrams.
- [Varies] Verification of Concurrent Programs
- We analyze an approach for the verification of concurrent programs an implement this approach in our software model checker ULTIMATE.